Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Friendship tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

16.12.08

GRADS-Seek Knowledge from the Cradle to the Grave

.................................................................................................................................

When the first time I read the title, "hmm... well well.... it's kinda nice!". And then when I read the article until finished,,,, I agreed totally... YOU GO UKHTI!!!!

You know what, alot of people assume I can't speak English just because I wear a hijab (and they totally expect me to be locked up in the house by my husband when I wear a niqab--ha ha not this houdini-ess with her handsome prince). They won't expect that I got one of the highest grades in my country on the Engish Litt. exams, or that I speak more than one language (and not Arabic or pashto), that I went school, and graduated, and that I have degree that allows me to teach people how to speak English and that's not even my major.

I know more Muslims who are doctors, teachers, engineers, and lawyers than I do non-muslims (and I grew up surrounded by non-muslims). Islam encourages us to never cease seeking knowledge, from the cradle to the grave, and many people fail to acknowledge or are even unaware of the fact that during the dark ages of European society the only reason a great deal of the Torah (Jewish Bible) was preserved, and the works and findings of the great scientists and philosophers of the Greeks and Romans, ect, were saved, was because Muslims of this period still cherished knowledge (all knowledge).

If something did not correspond with their understanding the Qu`ran did they burn it.... NO. They studied it EVEN MORE. This is a lesson for the ummah today. Islam is perfect. Science isn`t. You as a person certainly ARE`NT. So get to learning. Are you already a PHD... Then what about your Seerah, your understanding of Fiqh, and your memorization and understanding of the Quran---are THOSE UP TO PAR...






(Source from here)

0 silaturahim:

Tu comentario será moderado la primera vez que lo hagas al igual que si incluyes enlaces. A partir de ahi no ser necesario si usas los mismos datos y mantienes la cordura. No se publicarán insultos, difamaciones o faltas de respeto hacia los lectores y comentaristas de este blog.